The Northside Hospital Diagnostic Clinic was founded in 1953 by Dr. Henry S. Jennings. Dr. Jennings, who was then in practice at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, felt that it was time to establish an Internal Medicine practice offering exceptional specialized care in Gainesville, Georgia, which was then poised for growth. His predictions proved to be correct. Gainesville is a thriving economic community and the Northside Hospital Diagnostic Clinic now serves the entire Northeast region with compassionate care and innovative methods of medical treatment.
From its humble beginnings in a small renovated house on East Broad Street, a small office with only 4 providers, the Northside Hospital Diagnostic Clinic offered the Gainesville community its first specialty providers. Since then, NHDC has continued to carry on the proud tradition of excellence established by Drs. Henry Jennings, W.D. Stribling and Sam Poole over a half century ago.
Since its beginning in 1953, the Northside Hospital Diagnostic Clinic has grown into a multi-specialty practice of 41 physicians and 14 mid-level providers occupying 52,000 square feet of space in the Guilford Medical Complex on Jesse Jewell Parkway in Gainesville. Even with so much growth and success, the staff at NHDC remains true to their mission: to serve the adult population of our community with compassion, skill and integrity.
Henry S. Jennings, MD
Dr. Jennings founded the Northside Hospital Diagnostic Clinic in 1953.
Samuel O. Poole, MD
Dr. Sam Poole joined Dr. Jennings to expand the primary medicine department.
W.D. Stribling, MD
Dr. Warren Stribling joined the clinic as the area’s first cardiologist.
James A. Butts, MD
Dr. James Butts began Gainesville’s first dedicated Oncology practice, initiated chemotherapy services, & instrumental in bringing drug trials to the forefront of cancer treatment locally.
C. Neil Kelly, MD
Dr. Neil Kelley joined the practice as a Pulmonary Specialist, introducing pulmonary function testing to Gainesville.
Samuel D. Rauch, Jr., MD
Dr. Sam Rauch established nephrology services, which included dialysis management and transplant referrals.
Brenda J. Kowalski, MD
W. Thomas Callahan, MD